10 Very Powerful Ways Successful People Overcome Fear

 

10 Very Powerful Ways Successful People overcome fear

10 Very Powerful Ways Successful People Overcome Fear

It’s not often that we come across a successful person who has conquered his fear. Most of us are familiar with their fear and know enough about it to be able to face life head-on. But, there are some very powerful ways we can conquer our fears and become truly fearless too!


1) Start Your Day With A Good Morning Routine (Or Do Something Differently Awesome For You!)


This one seems obvious, yet I find myself constantly putting off starting my day because of anxiety. If you are going through something and need a good morning routine your day might just start on a positive note. No matter what you are struggling with, taking time to do something nice is very important. Get up and go for a walk (or coffee or whatever your favorite drink is), go for a run if it makes you feel any better (or put your feet up if you have foot issues!), try something new that you have never tried before, or take a day where you just don’t have as many things planned. Taking time to do these activities will make you so much happier! There is nothing quite like getting up and seeing your dog walking to school or seeing them laughing when you meet them for the first time at work. That alone will make you want to get out of bed again so quickly. And even though doing something productive isn’t always easy there is no shame in doing this type of activity; it’ll make you feel amazing and will help you conquer your fear. Just remember to listen to yourself when you tell yourself “I hate mornings.” It’s okay to dislike them sometimes too. The key here is to focus completely on being able to focus 100% of your energy on creating those moments, which means that you have to do something different each morning. After all, we can’t all go to Starbucks and eat cookies every day.


2) Tell Yourself You Are Not Alone During These Times (Or Talk To Someone Else About This At Work Or Go Outside Occasionally)


This one is really difficult for me to do when I am worried about the situation at hand, but I know for sure that it works wonders for other people. When I told someone else that I was stressed because I didn’t think I would ever work from home, they would always give me the best advice I could want and tell me that their job makes them work from home. Even though I felt pretty horrible about that exchange (and maybe it wasn’t a good time to talk publicly about how I was feeling) I knew that I had made that move necessary to keep me working from home. So when I was afraid I wouldn’t work from home I was deciding to stay home and not go to work. What I liked about telling my friend about my fear is that she understood why I needed to do that. She talked me through it in an empathetic way and didn’t judge me by what I was experiencing. We all have fears and feelings from time to time so it’s not hard to understand that there may not be a way out of anything that you experience but knowing that I am not the only one to deal with that fear made those conversations easier to have. Be open to being asked for that support as well! Take a few deep breaths, breathe out your worries, and tell anyone that you know that you are having that fear. Share your story and listen carefully as you respond to the next person who shows you support so be sure to listen to those stories as well too! Listen to the advice that you are receiving. Don’t worry if the advice doesn’t sound great or good for you, I promise they are going to help, and I promise they won’t let you down. Everyone needs to have that encouragement, and everyone needs to have that support coming right back. Remember that everything is temporary, and you are only human. Don’t worry about trying to convince anyone that you are doing something bad for this fear that I have. Remember that you are making these decisions for the right reasons. Look after YOU and your happiness above everything else! And when you feel fear come into your mind again remind yourself that you are scared too! And finally take a moment to breathe; breathe the truth, think of something good that happened throughout your day, or think of the good memories that you have. Keep reminding yourself how lucky you are to have those dreams that you have made and that you are surrounded by. Stay positive. Stay grateful. Because your body is being worn down by anxiety and it takes a lot to hold a smile on your face because of depression, it will take a long time before you do it again. But remember that it is your choice to do the thing that scares you, and you love your body! And that is why you should also remember to always say thank you. It can't be said enough! Say thank you for every single little thing in your life. Every single one. It's so so easy and so powerful to be thankful because then you are reminded every single day that you are still loved. You are important and wonderful inside and out. Thank you for showing up for me every single day. Please, please, please, forever.


3) Find Out Why You Feel Stuck In These Things Before Trying Again


This is not something that I do regularly (I get bored easily sometimes) but I think you need to find out what your true motivation behind these things is before attempting to change them. Sometimes it may be something personal. Maybe you have a relationship with another person that you are close to. If you just know from past encounters or family stories that these things were a big part of your life and you know that they aren't helping you in any way that you have decided to start changing them out, I think it is essential to know exactly what your goals are right from the beginning. Otherwise, you end up giving yourself a huge uphill battle without even really knowing where you stand. Finding out what motivates you will make for some more genuine and realistic change to be able to accomplish that goal. Asking questions like: "What do you need? How do you feel about this thing? Is it helping you to be happy?" can help you figure out what your motivation is.


4) Think Of A Person Who Has Been Through Something Similar To Them And Make Yourself See They Could Also Change Their Destiny


This seems like a classic phrase, so I wanted to try and see what effect it had on me and my relationships at the same time. If you didn't know that you are dealing with depression and anxiety and that you were suffering from suicidal thoughts for years now then your answer is probably no one. Nobody knows what you were going through, only you can understand and empathize with that. Instead of dwelling over what your life has been like, try to take some time and look at the biggest picture possible of how this whole ordeal started. Imagine if you were someone who suffers from crippling mental illness or any other condition that affects your ability to function daily. How would you feel? Would you want to stop living? Would you wish to die? All these questions that were running through my head were asking me how I would feel if my actions caused others to suffer so much due to my actions. My response was that I didn't wish to die but I wished to stop living, and I wanted to save others who did love me. Then the thought came to me of people whose motives behind wanting to kill themselves were very similar to mine. If I could save someone as close to me as possible I would. Even though I don’t believe that there will be times when they wish for them to die, thinking of two friends that suffered from the same disorder, and seeing two people who did wish to die was enough in making me believe that there could be some kind of possibility. Though I don't have access to mental health services I can also think about all the lives I am leaving behind if I keep moving forward. I can also realize how important it is to do everything in your power to make a difference if you have been suffering. If I had another way of living this whole time, I could save someone who is going to lose their life and will be forced to live through something that my actions caused. I could also save someone who is going to leave behind someone who is suffering and left with the guilt of ending someone's life, and still looking for closure from someone whose life ended so suddenly. Which I know is extremely hard for me to do if I’m already battling such strong emotions to do the opposite. I know how it feels to feel that pain; I know how it feels to feel something I cannot manage. But I know how I can get there. Now, when I look back at that situation, I realized that I can learn a lot of things from my short time as a sufferer. I got to be able to recognize that I need help and I need someone who understands me.


5) Put Yourself Back Into Your Life By Doing Fun Activities


I am known for being a busybody and not taking weekends off when I am sick. Especially when my anxiety gets high enough I will tend to skip out on attending my friends' houses and my coworkers' birthday parties. Whenever I miss spending time with family, friends, or working out, I tend to spend more time doing tasks at work instead of focusing on myself more. I don't have time for fun anymore. Since I have gotten a sense of peace and quietness, whenever I get anxious, I tend to sleep until I'm done cleaning my room. Luckily, my roommates and my colleagues have already noticed a change and made suggestions

Post a Comment

0 Comments